Friday, July 06, 2007

It's been a while

Uly's almost one.

Becky, Uly and I went on a vacation to SF and spent time with some new and some old loved ones.

I realized (thanks, Z) that all of my humor revolves around objectification (making fun of it) and that, we don't have to give up our biases and prejudice. All we must do are two things: Don't objectify people and don't exploit and oppress them.

Further, the lens of history that I prefer is the one that seeks the knowledge of people's deep, interior lives. The unconscious selves that are secret, even to them. Those are the stories I like to tell.

More on that and part 4 of the story about mom to come.

You can read my daily, professional blogging here at CityBeat.

Steve

1 comment:

nekrosys said...

A bunch of us surrounded her and stayed with her through the night as she gave birth to her soul.

That is a completely beautiful description.