Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas eve eve




The first two days of work on Mom's old house are behind us. Jimmy (Beck's dad) and I worked Friday and Saturday and got most of the repairs and painting done in the living and dining rooms.
Jim will be moving in on the second week of January. The house is going to look pretty good. We still have to take care of the furnace issue, and that's going to be expensive.
There are still a few things up in the air today about what we'll be doing this week. I know that we're having dinner tonight with Mary Ellen and Ben and maybe that's enough.
Listening to Scott Joplin today (now). I heard a bunch of his music interpreted by another musician this week on old tape reels. I bought a $10 reel to reel player/recorder so I could transfer some old interviews. So today I downloaded a bunch of Joplin's music and I'm listening to it now. I think he plays too fast. The arrangements I heard seemed smoother. Tape has a warmth to it, too, that doesn't seem to be duplicated by mp3. I won't be switching back, I'm just saying.

One other thing. I'd like to show off our Christmas photo. I kept taking good pictures of Uly and Beck where I looked bad or good pics of me where they didn't look so hot. Anyway, I photo shopped the picture above, cribbing from two other pictures. I bet you can't see the cutline - it runs around the left side of Beck's head and through her shirt. The originals are shown in black and white.

Could I see a show of comments so I know who listens to me ramble? Just curious.

Steve

3 comments:

teaii said...

because you asked so nicely. thanks for the great time last night. hope to get together again soon.
t-max

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve,
Received your card. Thank you. Uly is beyond adorable...but I bet you knew that!! Happy New Year to you all and all the best for 2008.
Mike and Sharon

I am Z said...

oh....ul is so adorable! oh and so are his parent. :)

peace,
z